We work with a whole range of organisations who sell services to business clients/customers. They range from major accounting and consulting firms, major law firms, management consulting and IT consulting businesses. We design bespoke interventions to help them be more successful. Most of our work is focused on business development and people development. We do consulting, training, coaching, and competency framework development all with a very strong pragmatic approach.
Who we work with
Accountants, law practices and other professional services firms are facing unprecedented challenges balancing client needs with regulatory requirements and their own aspirations. As competition grows and fees are squeezed, JA Consulting helps firms focus on what’s important to them be that account planning, sales coaching, partnership assessment, sales and presentation skills development or conference facilitation. Over the years we’ve worked with all of the Big 4 and a number of major law firms and some major consulting firms; indeed, our expertise in this field spans more than 30 years. We typically help firms win more business or focus on those things that will positively impact profitability and additional revenue.
What we do
Whilst we have a whole range of tools and process at our finger tips we are careful to not be over formulaic. We are careful to select appropriate approaches that have a deep research base. A lot of our work is focused in these major areas:
- Adding value: targeting, and winning, new business.
- Account management: helping both the individual and the firm make the most of the opportunities in the market.
- Introduction to sales and negotiation
- Becoming the Go To Expert
- Enhanced negotiation: developing the strategy, tactics and skills needed for successful outcomes.
- Helping partners manage their business challenges, be that organising themselves, their departments or their firms.
- Helping individuals achieve their ambition of partnership and balancing the inevitable tensions that brings.
Many of our conversations are about the reality in the market and how to differentiate an offer when many professional services firms’ clients see very little difference between competing firms. That failure to differentiate is why too many clients choose their provider just on price. Clearly the work we do in this area is highly confidential, so we don’t often talk about our client’s successes, but here are a few that we can tell you about:
- A 25% (multi millions) increase in revenue for a large tax group within a Big 4 firm.
- The winning of a major new FTSE 100 client for a silver circle law firm.
- Creating a novel value billing approach that netted a profit margin 4x greater than predicted.
Want to know more?
JA Consulting recently carried out research to establish the success factors when selling professional services and how things have changed since the pre-global downturn years. And the results may surprise you. We discovered that whilst it’s easy to say “stop worrying about price”, it’s not so easy to do. Our latest research on selling in professional services – Success Factors that win you work – shows you what firms should be doing instead.