- Helping prepare for any eventuality
Working with government & defence
We work with a variety of government bodies, defence primes and global secure telecoms organisations. We help with change management, strategy development, program and project management, through-life capability development, stakeholder engagement, message clarity and executive coaching.
Some of our consultants are ex-military personnel. All consultants working within this sector have security clearance.
JA Consulting offers something different: big four talented individuals and a tailored, personal service but without the high cost.
BB, Defence supplier
What we do
Most of our work in these sectors is with management teams facing challenging times.
- Strategy development: identifying and clarifying the drivers for change, creating a compelling vision, logical and practical generation of the steps to implementation.
- Stakeholder analysis and management: defining who the key influencers and decision makers are, how to target them and get their buy-in.
- Bid support and bid challenge: helping organisations increase their chances of winning. This often links to stakeholder management where we’re able to use the processes we have to help get a better understanding of customer needs to improve the bid that’s being made. Because a number of our people are from military backgrounds and have strong relationships across the MoD they are able to leverage those efficiently.
- Team development: identifying how the team works together and using a number of tools to build on its strengths. In particular we work with TMS Development International’s Margerison-McCann Team Management Systems (www.tmsdi.com) and several of our consultants are TMS accredited.
- Aspiring leaders: We specialise in helping aspiring leaders reach the next step in their leadership development; typically working with divisional directors and CEOs helping them come up with solutions to what sometimes is seen as intractable challenges through training, coaching or facilitated discussions.