Richard Goodson is an experienced management consultant with a passion for improving performance by defining and delivering solutions to challenging business issues. He brings an ability to see the big picture and then to define and drive through the detail of what needs to be done to deliver the desired outcomes.
A Chartered Engineer by training, Richard has 11 years’ project management experience in industry followed by 18 years’ experience of delivering transformation programmes in organisations with a turnover of £1m to £30bn. He has worked across sectors that include government, defence, construction, oil and gas, and travel and transport.
Competently holding a number of senior roles in both large and small consulting organisations over the years, Richard has experience of leading market facing industry practices and of leading a management consulting practice. His ten years of experience of leading consulting business units with over 40 staff and P&Ls of up to £10m are a sign of his strong leadership values and focus on results. Richard is likewise comfortable in the C-suite having sat on the management boards of three companies.
- Spearheads change management initiatives with an innate passion for creating a shared vision, engaging stakeholders, reviewing strategy, identifying and implementing improvements: performance improvement, business transformation and operational efficiency.
- Highly proficient project manager, programme manager, process re-designer helping others to gain competence and confidence in application of tools and techniques in challenging circumstances. Ability to retain independence and sense-check activities.
- Proven trusted adviser with an ability to understand and translate customers’ complex needs into practical and highly implementable actions.
- Accomplished business developer, defining propositions, creating collateral, identifying target markets and clients, account planning, negotiating deals, leading sales teams and creating and delivering invigorating sales training courses.
- Bid team leader, relationship manager and account owner with an excellent track record of building strong, trusted relationships based on providing high quality advice and support.
- Inspirational inter-personal skills with the talent to engage at all levels utilising extensive facilitation, influence and persuasion skills and experience.
Richard began his career as a project engineer in the Oil & Gas industry prior to a broader consulting role with KPMG. Richard then stepped up to leading several highly visible and complex projects for a variety of government departments and public sector bodies with the consultancy Impact Plus. When Impact was acquired by Hitachi, he further built on significant clients relationships and helped grow Hitachi’s business in management consulting, technology solutions and managed services. More recently, Richard has worked with a broad range of client from the Energy Technology Institute to Deloittes.