KEY QUESTIONS FOR ANY ACCOUNT PLAN - PART 2
Last week I gave you the first batch of questions to set you thinking about how to evaluate how effective your account plans are. Thanks for all the encouraging comments from that post. Here’s the second batch of account plan questions to ask……..
- What work have we done for the client before, how did it go and what feedback did we receive? As a result of this is there anything we need to do differently?
- What opportunities are already on the table, how can we maximise these and deliver a Distinctive Client Experience? Are there any we should park, if so why?
- Considering the above questions, what conversations do we need to have with our clients? What services could we offer them to help support the development of distinctive client experience? What steps should we take to make this happen?
- Can we identify and quantify where we can add value to the client’s objectives?
- Have you completed an organisational map and identified Supporters, Influencers, Non Supporters and most importantly a coach?
- Do you have an action / win plan for all of the opportunities identified in your account plan?
- What resources, intelligence, collateral etc. do we need in place to deliver against the above and what are the risks and issues that could prevent us from achieving this that we need to address?
- Decision criteria – how does the client decide when facing competing offers?
- What criteria do they use?
Now that you have all the questions, do you have all the answers?
And, when you do have all the answers, what next? How do you turn all the answers into action which helps you build a stronger business relationship with the client? What should you be doing more of? What should you be doing less of? What should you be doing differently which means the chances of your client giving you the next piece of business will be higher?
We help our clients find the answers and work with them to define and implement the actions and behaviours needed. To find out more about how we do that just ask us
About John Moss – John’s extensive background in sales, marketing and general management has been followed by three decades in management consultancy. John is fiercely committed to helping individuals and businesses grow and succeed; his talent for spotting what needs to be done, his tenacity for making sure things then happen, his commitment to growing long-term business relationships and his ability to impart that knowledge to other people make him an inspirational consultant, leader and coach.
At JA Consulting we help businesses and individuals take the theory of selling and put it into practice. We’re here to help you learn how to spot and grow business opportunities, how to develop strong and transferable selling skills and how to generate robust account management.